I would compare “Stranger Things” Season 1 to something like a whirlwind romance. It was new. It came out of nowhere. It caught us by surprise. It got us hooked. And just like that, it was over and done. And now we are all hungover by it, waiting earnestly (while having withdrawals) for its return.
To make this waiting game somewhat bearable (or quite possibly even more unbearable), it might help to look back to the times the show tugged our heartstrings one way or another. Like those times Mike and El became totally ship-worthy.
***WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!! ***
1. Whenever Mike would defend El from his friends because they found her shady or just flat-out weird
2. When Mike gave Eleven her nickname El
3. Their first goodnight to each other, just because El said it so adorably
4. Whenever Mike would take care of El’s food
5. Their cute vocabulary lessons
6. That time the boys had to sneak El in Hawkins Middle School, but first, they had to make her look like a girl
7. Whenever El would save Mike from either danger or plain embarrassment
8. Whenever Mike believed the best in El even if nobody else did, sometimes not even El herself
9. That moment they sort of defined their relationship, and more <3
10. The goodbye
Until we meet again, Eleven.