Disney is off to make more amazing movies after the recent success of this year’s Beauty and the Beast. With 11 Disney movies set for 2019, we can’t help ask the universe if there’s any way we can speed up time even just a little bit.
- Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)
- Dumbo (2019) (March 29, 2019)
- Untitled Disneytoon Movie (2019) (April 12, 2019)
- Untitled Avengers (May 3, 2019)
- Aladdin (2019) (May 24, 2019)
- Toy Story 4 (June 21, 2019)
- The Lion King (Live Action) (July 19, 2019)
- Artemis Fowl (3D) (August 9, 2019)
- Nicole (November 8, 2019)
- Frozen 2 (November 27, 2019)
- Star Wars: Episode IX (December 20, 2019)
It’s nice to see that Disney will be opening 2019 with Captain Marvel, a female superhero. She will be played by Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and 21 Jump Street actress Brie Larson.
Alladin, Dumbo, and The Lion King will be brought to life and while Alladin and The Lion King will take the more traditional approach to live action, Dumbo will be a Tim Burton reimagining of the 1941 Disney film.
After 18 years since its initial planning, Disney will be producing the 3D film adaptation of Eoin Colfer’s science fiction fantasy novel series Artemis Fowl based off of the novel’s first two books.
Nicole is a holiday movie following St. Nick’s daughter as the new bringer of Christmas. And of course, the holiday season won’t be complete without a sequel to Frozen and another addition to the Star Wars franchise.
*Top Image from Dorkly