How about leveling-up your usual Pansit Bihon Guisado (Sautéed Glass Noodles), and have something extra special for your family get-together, with this simple Mongolian BBQ Noodles Recipe?
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Onions
- Squid Balls (the packed ones you can buy from the grocery is fine)
- Chicken breast cut into strips
- Thinly sliced Chili
- Oyster sauce
- Carrots strips
- Sliced Turnips
- Sesame oil
- Bell peppers
- Togue (Been sprouts)
- Bihon (Glass noodles)
- Ginger-infused water
- Ground peanuts
- Sauté chopped garlic and onions in oil over medium heat.
- Add squid balls and chicken, and mix with the garlic and onions until brown.
- Add red chili peppers and mix.
- Pour in oyster sauce to taste.
- When the oyster sauce has seeped into the mixture, add the carrot and turnip strips and mix again.
- Add a bit of sesame oil for added aroma.
- You can now add the rest of the ingredients – mushrooms, togue, tofu, bell peppers, and bihon. Mix well.
- Add a glass of ginger-infused water and let boil for a few minutes until bihon is cooked.
- Top with ground peanuts and serve warm.
It’s so easy; you’d be basically just adding one ingredient after another until you have one spicy, delicious noodle dish. It’s different from the regular Pansit Bihon Guisado, since we used a different set of veggies (no cabbages and baguio beans in this one), and we used oyster sauce instead of soy sauce. The chilis and ginger-infused water should add a bit of spicy kick to the mix, too!
For a video of how to prepare this recipe and a quick REC TEC grill review, check out the the Facebook link below:
Mongolian BBQ.Sweet and Spicy Home-made Mongolian BBQ.
Posted by Typist PH on Saturday, November 5, 2016
What regular dish would you like us to level-up next time? Let us know in the comments!