With all the leaks of Samsung’s next flagship phone, the Galaxy S8, we might know almost everything about it before it is even released. Here’s the likely tech specs:
- 5.8-inch (6.2 inch for the S8 Plus) 1440 x 2960 pixel 4K resolution Super AMOLED display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip for US market (Exynos 8895 chip for international market)
- Adreno 540 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- 3,000mAh (3,500mAh for S8 Plus) Battery
- 12-megapixel f/1.7 rear camera
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Front-mounted iris scanner
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- IP68 certification
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB-C charging port
- Fast wireless charging (15W output)
- microSD card slot (supporting up to 256GB)
- Samsung DeX HDMI dock (optional)
Today, leak portal website Slashleaks has discovered another batch of relatively high quality images of the new Galaxy S8. While the pictures does not really discover any new features, they do give us another close look at the design of the upcoming device.
Much like all of the leaks from previous leaks, the new pictures show the device’s missing home button and it’s impressively thin bezels.
It will also show you that the fingerprint scanner has been moved to the back. It may be a hindrance if you’re unlocking your phone in a table, but the iris-scanner that is located in the front will get you by.
If you’ll compare it to the latest iPhone, the S8 clearly wins the ports game with it having a headphone jack and a USB-C Connector. But we’re sure that the two phones will feature wireless charging now.
Samsung already announced at Mobile World Congress earlier in February, the giant phone company will unveil the Galaxy S8 on March 29, with shipping expected to start later in April. Although this is just for formality sake as we already know all the features that will come in the next Galaxy S8.