The movie-going experience in the Philippines is not very empowering. Because we need to weather the heavy traffic and the long lines at the box office, we often save plenty of leeway in terms of time when we go see a movie. Some choose to—intentionally—catch the last full screenings so as to relieve themselves the hassle.
Timely as this is still, there had been an easier solution available to us in the past few years, a solution which, surprisingly, only a few of us know and use. On this article, we’ll teach you how to buy movie tickets online in the Philippines.
Buy movie tickets online using cinemas’ native apps
Movie houses are making ticket purchases ever easier for moviegoers. SM Cinemas, Ayala Mall Cinemas, Megaworld Cinemas, Robinsons Movieworld, and more have their own payment portals where you can book, reserve, and purchase your admission. Note that each portal vary in terms of features and functionalities.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before purchasing your tickets:
- Some cinemas don’t allow patrons to refund their booked tickets, so make sure you’re already set on the schedule you choose and stick with it.
- Many but not all of these portals require user membership. Robinsons Movieworld, for example, allows moviegoers to purchase tickets and snacks without registration or memberships.
- These portals usually require credit/debit card payments. Some allow cash and over-the-counter transactions as well.
Here is a running list of payment portals where you can book, reserve, and purchase your movie tickets.
- SM Cinemas
- Sureseats (Ayala Mall Cinemas)
- Blockbusterseats (Megaworld Movies)
- Greenhills Cinemas
- Power Plant Cinemas
- BGC Central Square Cinemas
(Aside: If you know of other cinemas that are not yet included in the above list, drop a comment below.)
Use Globe Telecom’s GMovies app
Globe put out a service that allows everyone (read: also Smart users) to “get inside, not in line” the theaters. The service may be used at a small premium (25php for Ayala Mall cinema tickets and 20php for all other partner cinema tickets) on GMovies’ app available on both iOS and Android platforms.
The app is robust, making schedules, seats, trailers, reviews, and movie guides available for the user. Here’s how to buy your ticket.
- Go to the app.
- Select your preferred movie, movie theater, seat, and schedule. Hit “buy tickets”.
- Pay for your ticket using a debit/credit card.
- Go to the theater and approach the ticketer with the e-ticket you’ll receive upon purchasing.
There you go! Have an awesome time at the cinemas. 🙂
You might also like: