A price equal to 4 consoles. Why?
At E3, Ubisoft announced the preorder collector’s editions for the upcoming iteration of the next Assassin’s Creed game, Origins.
Ubisoft is already infamous to have so many pre-order exclusives and tie-ins that you need an excel file to keep track. Assassin’s Creed: Origins is no different.
Stated by Ubisoft:
For the super fans, the Dawn of the Creed Legendary Collectors edition is available now exclusively on the Ubisoft Store, with only 999 units produced world, for a $799.99. It Includes:
Available for Shipping Now:
- Highly detailed 28.7 inch (73cm) resin statue of Bayek, a protector of Egypt whose personal story will lead to the creation of the Assassin’s Brotherhood; and his eagle, Senu – By Ubicollectibles.
- The Collector’s Certificate of Authenticity, numbered 1 to 999.
- An exclusive replica of Bayek’s eagle skull amulet in resin.
- Two exclusive Assassin’s Creen Origins Steelbooks.
- Four large lithographs signed by the Ubisoft Montreal studio artists.
Available on Day One:
- The Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition: The base game, the Digital Deluxe Pack and the Season Pass, which will give players access to all upcoming major expansions and equipment sets.
- The game’s art book, featuring original designs and concept art created by the Ubisoft Montreal artists.
- The game’s official soundtrack.
- A printed version of the game’s hand-drawn world map.
- Two original art cards.
The question is, is it worth the money? Well, you’d be the one to decided that. If you’re a hardcore fan of the game and happen to have an extra $800 lying around your room. The sure, go ahead. But we also wrote an article on why shouldn’t support these kind of things.